20) My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.21) Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; – Proverbs 4:20-21
Spending time with GOD is the best and most importuning thing as HIS children that we need to do. The more time we spend with HIM the more we become like HIM and know HIM better.
How do we spend time with HIM?
- Read the Word
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. – Joshua 1:8
Pray without ceasing, – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Praising Him
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. – Psalm 18:3
- Staying still before HIM
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! – Psalm 46:10
All of these needs to be apart of our lives everyday. HE needs to be first, middle, and last in our days. If we spend me with HIM then we will not be like the world. They will see a difference in us and see HIM.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. – Romans 12:2
So in our crazy lives, how we stay in common with HIM at all times? How do we keep HIS Word in our hearts, minds, and eyes? Well is a list of things that might help you.
- Have a Bible on our night stand. (read a few verses or a chapter when you get up and go to bed.)
- Have a Bible app on our phone, table, iPod, ext. (You can read the Word while you are on break at work/school, waiting for your ride, ext.)
- Say a prayer often. (While you are walking in the halls of your school, work place, at home, ext.)
- If you think of someone’s name, say a prayer for them. (I do this one. Thinking of someone you know and just say a prayer or thank JESUS for what are praying about for them.)
- Have a prayer journal that you can to and pick a name to pray for.
- Thank JESUS at all times.
- Sing praise music.
- Write down Bible Verses. (Put it on our desk, locker, mirror, car, ext)
- Have a journal/table with Bible verses in it that you can take a look at it and say one of them.
- Have a scripture book. (You can find theses at Christian stores. They are promise books. Love them and I have a few of them.)
- Make time everyday to spend time with Jesus.
Having that time and getting to HIM is the best thing in the world. Over time you will wont to spend time with HIM more and your don’t want to stop reading or praying.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them and I will get back with you.