Some time ago I was asked why I believe JESUS is the only way to GOD. So I would like to share with you why I believe that.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16) All Scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17) that the man of GOD may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NKJV)
This verse talks about GOD’S Word is true. So everything GOD says is true. By faith I believe that what GOD says is true. Also by faith I believe that JESUS is the only way to GOD and heaven. Also without it is impossible to please GOD.
Hebrews 11:1, 6
1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (NKJV)
6) But without faith it is impossible to please HIM, for he who comes to GOD must believe that HE is, and that HE is a rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM. (NKJV)
Here are some scriptures that tell us that JESUS is the only way to GOD the FATHER and to heaven.
JESUS said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME. (NKJV)
33) He who has received HIS testimony has certified that GOD is true. 34) For HE whom GOD has sent speaks the words of GOD, for GOD does not give the SPIRIT by measure. 35) The FATHER loves the SON, and has given all things into HIS hand. 36) He who believes in the SON has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the SON shall not see life, but the wrath of GOD abides on him.” (NKJV)
12) But as many as received HIM, to them HE gave the right to become children of GOD, to those who believe in HIS name: 13) who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of GOD. 14) But as many as received HIM, to them HE gave the right to become children of GOD, to those who believe in HIS name: 13) who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of GOD. (NKJV)
John 5:39, 30, 19-24
39) You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of ME. (NKJV)
30) I can of MYSELF do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and MY judgment is righteous, because I do not seek MY own will but the will of the FATHER who sent ME. (NKJV)
19) Then JESUS answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the SON can do nothing of HIMSELF, but what HE sees the FATHER do; for whatever HE does, the SON also does in like manner. 20) For the FATHER loves the SON, and shows HIM all things that HE HIMSELF does; and HE will show HIM greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21) For as the FATHER raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the SON gives life to whom HE will. 22) For the FATHER judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the SON, 23) that all should honor the SON just as they honor the FATHER. HE who does not honor the SON does not honor the FATHER who sent HIM. 24) “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears MY word and believes in HIM who sent ME has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (NKJV)
John 6:29, 38-40, 47-48, 68-69
29) JESUS answered and said to them, “This is the work of GOD, that you believe in HIM whom HE sent.” (NKJV)
38) For I have come down from heaven, not to do MY own will, but the will of HIM who sent ME. 39) This is the will of the FATHER who sent ME, that of all HE has given ME I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40) And this is the will of HIM who sent ME, that everyone who sees the SON and believes in HIM may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” (NKJV)
47) Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in ME has everlasting life. 48) I am the bread of life. (NKJV)
68) But Simon Peter answered Him, “LORD, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69) Also we have come to believe and know that YOU are the CHRIST, the SON of the living GOD.” (NKJV)
John 7:28-29, 38-39
38) Then JESUS cried out, as HE taught in the temple, saying, “You both know ME, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of MYSELF, but HE who sent ME is true, whom you do not know. 29) But I know HIM, for I am from HIM, and HE sent ME.” (NKJV)
38) He who believes in ME, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39) But this HE spoke concerning the SPIRIT, whom those believing in HIM would receive; for the HOLY SPIRIT was not yet given, because JESUS was not yet glorified. (NKJV)
19) Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the LORD, 20) and that HE may send JESUS CHRIST, who was preached to you before, 21) whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which GOD has spoken by the mouth of all HIS holy prophets since the world began. 22) For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The LORD your GOD will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. HIM you shall hear in all things, whatever HE says to you. 23) And it shall be that every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’ 24) Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25) You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which GOD made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26) To you first, GOD, having raised up HIS Servant JESUS, sent HIM to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.” (NKJV)
5) And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, 6) as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. 7) And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, “By what power or by what name have you done this?” 8) Then Peter, filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9) If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10) let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom GOD raised from the dead, by HIM this man stands here before you whole. 11) This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12) Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (NKVJ)
1 John 4:7-10
4) Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of GOD; and everyone who loves is born of GOD and knows GOD. 8) He who does not love does not know GOD, for GOD is love. 9) In this the love of GOD was manifested toward us, that GOD has sent HIS only begotten SON into the world, that we might live through HIM. 10) In this is love, not that we loved GOD, but that HE loved us and sent HIS SON to be the propitiation for our sins. (NKJV)
So that is why I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the only way to GOD and heaven.
If you have a subject that you have questions about or would just like to know more about. Then please comment below and I’ll get back with you!!! If I don’t know what the Bible says about it, I will search it out and let you know!!!