Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, (NKJV)
If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, (NLT)
If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, (NIV)
Yes, because GOD’S your refuge, the High GOD your very own home, (MESS)
Because you have made the LORD your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place, (AMP)
How do you make the LORD your GOD your refuge? By obeying HIM, listening to HIM, following HIM, spend time with HIM and so forth. That is the ONLY way we can make HIM our refuge. You have to hear it from GOD’S Word and receive it for yourself saying, “That’s mine. deliverance from GOD belongs to me.” * Now that you have said it with your month, you have to believe it with your heart. Lets look at some other scriptures that tell us that GOD is our refuge.
The eternal GOD is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; (NKJV)
2 Samuel 22:2-3, 33
2) And he said:“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 3) The GOD of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My SAVIOR, YOU save me from violence. (NKJV)
33) GOD is my strength and power,And HE makes my way perfect. (NKJV)
GOD is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. (NKJV)
Psalm 59:9, 16-17
9) I will wait for YOU, O YOU his Strength;For GOD is my defense. (NKJV)
16) But I will sing of YOUR power; Yes, I will sing aloud of YOUR mercy in the morning; For YOU have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble. 17) To YOU, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For GOD is my defense, My GOD of mercy. (NKJV)
Trust in HIM at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before HIM; GOD is a refuge for us. (NKJV)
But it is good for me to draw near to GOD; I have put my trust in the LORD GOD, That I may declare all YOUR works. (NKJV)
2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the LORD is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. (NKJV)
When we disobey GOD we stumble. Not all we have to do is ask GOD to forgive us then get back on track!
1 Peter 2:8b
They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. (NKJV)
We need to be obedient and build our house on the rock, GOD’S Word!!!!!!!!!
Therefore whoever hears these sayings of MINE, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: (NKJV)
So we need to listen, obey, spend time with, and ALWAYS do what GOD tells us to do!!!!!
* Taken from the book, “Your Promise of Protection” by: Gloria Copeland. All rights go to her for that line!!!!!!