Tasha Ann requested a post about bad language. So here is goes.
First I would like to share with you what the Bible says about!
33) “A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad. 34) You brood of snakes! How could evil men like you speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. 35) A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. 36) And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak. 37) The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.” (NLT)
Matthew 15:11, 17-20
11) It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”
17) “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19) For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20) These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.” (NLT)
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. (NLT)
3) Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among GOD’S people. 4) Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to GOD. 5) You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of CHRIST and of GOD. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. (NLT)
Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech. (NLT)
All who fear the LORD will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech. (NLT)
Proverbs 10:13, 31
13) Wise words come from the lips of people with understanding, but those lacking sense will be beaten with a rod. (NLT)
31) The mouth of the godly person gives wise advice, but the tongue that deceives will be cut off. (NLT)
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. (NLT)
6) And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself. 7) People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish, 8) but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. 9) Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. 10) And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! 11) Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water? 12) Does a fig tree produce olives, or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring. (NLT)
1 Peter 3:10
For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. (NLT)
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to YOU, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. (NLT)
I will praise the LORD, and may everyone on earth bless HIS holy name forever and ever. (NLT)
8) But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 9) Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10) Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. (NLT)
WOW GOD has alot ot say about our words. So lets not let bad language come out!!!