Divorce happens after a husband and wife decide not to live together anymore and that they no longer want to be married to each other. They agree to sign legal papers that make them each single again and allow them to marry other people if they want to. If the family has kids then it hurts them!! It also hurts their feelings when one parent wants to leave the house where they live. It is hard not to take it personally. It’s important to remember that divorce happens between the husband and wife, and even though it affects the whole family, it doesn’t mean that a parent who leaves the house doesn’t care about the kids. It’s important to remember that divorce doesn’t change one important fact: A dad or mom who lives somewhere else is still your dad or mom. That’s forever. That will never change.
Adults have their own reasons for divorce. Whatever the reasons are, one thing is for sure: Kids don’t cause divorce. Still, many kids believe they’re the reason their mom and dad got divorced. They think that if only they had behaved better, gotten better grades, or helped more around the house, the divorce wouldn’t have happened. But this isn’t true. Divorce is between moms and dads only! Even if you once heard your parents argue about you, or your friend next door thinks his parents broke up because he got in trouble at school, these things don’t cause a husband and wife to end their marriage. You might feel you’re to blame for your parents’ divorce, but you are not the cause. And the fact that your parents decide not to stay married is not your fault.
Now even tweens/teens think that it is their fault. Well I here to tell you that it’s not your fault! You may be going through that and you don’t know what to do or who to turn to. Well let me tell you that you can turn to GOD and HE will help you through.
So is divorce right or wrong? WRONG!!!!!!!!!
Here are some scriptures on divorce:
31) “Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32) But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immoralitycauses her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery. (NKJV)
3) The Pharisees also came to HIM, testing HIM, and saying to HIM, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?” 4) And HE answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who madethem at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5) and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6) So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what GOD has joined together, let not man separate.” 7) They said to HIM, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” 8) HE said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9) And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.” (NKJV)
2) The Pharisees came and asked HIM, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” testing HIM. 3) And HE answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?” 4) They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her.” 5) And JESUS answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6) But from the beginning of the creation, GOD ‘made them male and female.’ 7) ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8) and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9) Therefore what GOD has joined together, let not man separate.” 10) In the house HIS disciples also asked HIM again about the same matter. 11) So HE said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12) And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” (NKJV)
2) For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3) So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. (NKJV)
1 Corinthians 7:10-11, 27
10) Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11) But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife. 27) Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife. (NKJV)
I know some of you are not marred and I know that some of you are! So here are some ways to prevent divorce:
1) Marriage: GOD’S plan for a lifetime. (1 Corinthians 7:10-16 – 10) Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11) But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife. 12) But to the rest I, not the LORD, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13) And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15) But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But GOD has called us to peace. 16) For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife? (NKJV)
2) Pray together. (1 Thessalonians 3:1-3 – 1) Therefore, when we could no longer endure it, we thought it good to be left in Athens alone, 2) and sent Timothy, our brother and minister of GOD, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of CHRIST, to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith, 3) that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this. (NKJV)
3) They read GOD’S Word together go beyond “devotions,” to true Devotion. (Psalm 119:11 – YOUR word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against YOU. (NKJV)
4) They make deposits in the “Love Bank.” (Ephesians 4:32 – And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as GOD in CHRIST forgave you. (NKJV)
5) They treat their spouse with respectful affection, and speak well of each other publicly. (Ephesians 5:22-25 – 22) Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the LORD. 23) For the husband is head of the wife, as also CHRIST is head of the church; and HE is the SAVIOR of the body. 24) Therefore, just as the church is subject to CHRIST, so let the wives beto their own husbands in everything. 25) Husbands, love your wives, just as CHRIST also loved the church and gave HIMSELF for her. (NKJV)
6) They are self-aware and communicate skillfully. (Philippians 2:1-15 – 1) Therefore if there is any consolation in CHRSIT, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the SPIRIT, if any affection and mercy, 2) fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3) Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4) Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 5) Let this mind be in you which was also in CHRIST JESUS, 6) who, being in the form of GOD, did not consider it robbery to be equal with GOD, 7) but made HIMSELF of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8) And being found in appearance as a man, HE humbled HIMSELF and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9) Therefore GOD also has highly exalted HIM and given HIM the name which is above every name, 10) that at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11) and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD, to the glory of GOD the FATHER. 12) Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13) for it is GOD who works in you both to will and to do for HIS good pleasure. 14) Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15) that you may become blameless and harmless, children of GOD without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. (NKJV)
Putting GOD first in your marriage is the best thing that you can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you would like make a suggestion on a life issue for next week then please leave a comment below and I’ll get it. If you are going through a life issue and have question about it, want to know more about it, or would like to know what GOD says about it then please leave a comment below and I’ll post about it! If you would like to be anonymous then that is okay. If you would like me not to post your comment for other people to read then please say so then the comment and I will NOT post it! See you next week(LORD willing)!