Today we read John 6 and I would like to tell you what the LORD showed me!
1) JESUS does a miracle and gives the people food to eat!
1) After this, JESUS crossed over to the far side of the Sea of Galilee, also known as the Sea of Tiberias. 2) A huge crowd kept following HIM wherever HE went, because they saw HIS miraculous signs as HE healed the sick. 3) Then JESUS climbed a hill and sat down with HIS disciples around HIM. 4) (It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration.) 5) JESUS soon saw a huge crowd of people coming to look for HIM. Turning to Philip, HE asked, “Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?” 6) HE was testing Philip, for HE already knew what he was going to do. 7) Philip replied, “Even if we worked for months, we wouldn’t have enough money to feed them!” 8) Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. 9) “There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?” 10) “Tell everyone to sit down,” JESUS said. So they all sat down on the grassy slopes. (The men alone numbered about 5,000.) 11) Then JESUS took the loaves, gave thanks to GOD, and distributed them to the people. Afterward HE did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. 12) After everyone was full, JESUS told HIS disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.” 13) So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves. 14) When the people saw HIM do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, “Surely, HE is the Prophet we have been expecting!” 15) When JESUS saw that they were ready to force HIM to be their king, HE slipped away into the hills by HIMSELF. (NLT)
2) In these verses JESUS tells us that HE is the bread of life!
John 6:33-35, 48
33) The true bread of GOD is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34) “Sir,” they said, “give us that bread every day.” 35) JESUS replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to ME will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in ME will never be thirsty. 48) Yes, I am the bread of life! (NLT)
3) This verse tell us that JESUS can only speak SPIRIT and LIFE!
The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. (NLT)
4) In these verses Simon Peter ask JESUS where can we go because JESUS is the ONLY one that has the words of eternal life!
68) Simon Peter replied, “LORD, to whom would we go? YOU have the words that give eternal life. 69) We believe, and we know YOU are the HOLY ONE of GOD.” (NLT)
What did the LORD show you in todays reading?
Tomorrows reading: John 7
♥GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE♥