Have any of you ever heard the saying “Fear the Lord”? Have you wondered what that means? Well I’m here to tell you that word “Fear” does not mean to be afraid of GOD but to REVERENCE HIM!!!! Lets look at some scriptures that tell us to fear the Lord.
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of the knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. (NLT)
All who fear the Lord will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and preserve speech. (NLT)
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment. (NLT)
Fear the Lord lengthens one’s life, but the years of the wicked are cut short. (NLT)
Proverbs 14:2, 26-27
2) Those who follow the right path fear the Lord; those who take the wrong path despise Him. 26) Those who fear the Lord are secure; He will be a refuge for their children. 27) Fear the Lord is a life-giving fountain; it offers escape from the snares of death. (NLT)
Fear the Lord teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor. (NLT)
Unfailing love and faithfulness make atonement for sin. By fearing the Lord, people avoid evil. (NLT)
Fear the Lord leads to life, bringing security and protection from harm. (NLT)
21) My child, fear the Lord and the king. Don’t associate with rebels, 22) for disaster will hit them suddenly. Who knows what punishment will come from the Lord and the king? (NLT)
WOW!!!!! That is alot of scriptures about Fearing the Lord!!!!!!! do you think that GOD is trying to tell us something? Now we need to Fear the Lord with everything that is within us. How do we do that?
1) Get into the Word of GOD to know what He likes and dislikes!
2) Pray more!
3) Be determined to put everything that you read in the Bible into action!
4) Be careful what you read, watch on TV, listen to music, or dress!
The more time we send with GOD the more we get to know Him. We will become more like Him!! We will also be more sensitive to what He’s sensitive too.
So make a decision to spend more time with GOD today!!!!! 🙂
♥GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOU ALL SAFE♥